The program's close association with the Departments of Computer Science, Physics, and Performing Arts allows students to explore different aspects of the discipline, including practical work experience, while our active working relationship with AU's School of Communication enables students to gain practical experience as well as further interdisciplinary perspectives.
Washington, DC, is one of the highest-paying cities in America for sound engineers, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics (2018).
Top employers for undergraduates from American University Washington DC's Audio Technology Program
- Discovery Communications Inc.
- Fillmore Silver Spring
- House Studios
- J2 Music
- RamsHead Live / AEG Live
- WAMU 88.5
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Fundamentals of Audio Technology
- Digital Signal Theory
- Digital Audio Workstations
- Sound Studio Techniques
- Production Mixing
- Advanced Studies in Audio Production
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Early Decision: November 15
- Early Decision 2: January 15
- Regular Decision: January 15
DisciplinesMusic View 2108 other Masters in Music in United States
- Application fee of U.S. $75
- Academic records for grades 9-12 with official transcripts and certified English translations (if applicable), for each secondary institution attended
- Two academic letters of recommendation
- Demonstrated English proficiency
- Interruption of Studies Statement if you have already graduated from secondary school at the time of application.
International52160 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 52160 USD per year during 48 months.
52,160 - 58,171 USD
Living costs for Washington, D. C.
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.