As a Psychology student at Golden Gate University you will become familiar with the major theoretical approaches, findings, and historical trends in psychology; understand and use major research methods in psychology, including design, data analysis, and interpretation; and gain an understanding of how to apply psychology to personal, social, and organizational issues.
In addition to gaining a core knowledge of psychology, you will develop essential skills in effective oral and written communication, critical thinking and problem-solving, techniques to ensure information literacy, and methods for quantitative fluency — experiences that will put you on a path to lifelong learning.
Knowledge Base in Psychology
- Describe apply concepts, principles and overarching themes in psychology.
- Develop a working knowledge of the major theoretical approaches, findings, historical trends and content domains in psychology.
- Apply psychological principles to explain and evaluate personal, social, and organizational issues.
- Develop innovative approaches and solutions to an existing or emerging challenge in psychology that also draw on disciplinary perspectives in ethics, other humanities and/or social sciences.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Lifespan Development: Theories & Applications
- Research Design & Experimental Methods
- Principles & Methods of Counseling
- Abnormal Psychology
- Psychology of Death, Dying, & Bereavement
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
While GGU accepts applications on a “rolling” basis, we strongly encourage applicants to apply early.
DisciplinesPsychology Educational Psychology View 1467 other Masters in Psychology in United States
- A high school grade point average of 3.00 (B) or higher
- A resume showing three or more years of professional work experience
- A statement of purpose stating why Golden Gate University is the right institution to meet your personal and professional goals; and
- In some cases, participate in an interview (by telephone or in person) with the dean.
International462 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 462 USD per credit during 48 months.
National462 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 462 USD per credit during 48 months.
Living costs for San Francisco
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.