The overall purpose of the Public Safety Administration from the Florida Atlantic University is to provide:
- A professional/preprofessional degree program for students entering the fields of law enforcement, homeland security and disaster management;
- A foundation for continuing in a professionally focused graduate program for interested students; and
- An interdisciplinary degree that allows students to combine key areas from several disciplines to graduate with a pre-professional degree.
Students graduating from the program will have improved opportunities in the police, homeland security (airports, seaports, etc.) and disaster management fields throughout South Florida and the United States.
The School of Public Administration offers a Bachelor of Public Safety Administration (BPSA), with two concentrations::
- Law Enforcement/Corrections and
- Disaster Management.
If you have the desire for a career to truly make a difference in the lives of your fellow citizens and the safety of your country, then the BPSA degree program is for you.
In addition to equipping students with the technical skills relevant to work in public, private, and non-profit organizations, the BPSA encourages study in related areas such as architecture, business, criminal justice, political science, psychology, social work, and urban and regional planning so that students have an opportunity to adapt their programs of study to fit their own academic and career interests.
- Public Safety Director
- Emergency Management Expert
- Law Enforcement Officer (local, state and federal)
- Homeland Security Officer
- Corrections Officer
- Probation and Parole Officer
- Intelligence Agencies
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Public Safety Administration
- Organizational Behavior & Administration Communication
- Public Safety Systems
- Administrative Process and Ethics
- Diversity and Social Vulnerability in Public Safety Administration
- Capstone in Public Safety Administration
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesBusiness Administration Public Administration Public Policy View 13 other Masters in Public Policy in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
The following units of study in high school are required to be considered for admission to FAU. These are also the only courses that are calculated in the grade point average (GPA) used to determine admissions eligibility:
- English (3 with substantial composition): 4 units
- Mathematics (Algebra 1 level and above): 4 units
- Natural Science (2 with lab): 3 units
- Social Science: 3 units
- Foreign Language (of the same language): 2 units
- Academic Electives: 2 units
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International719 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 719 USD per credit and a duration of .
National719 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 719 USD per credit and a duration of .
In-State201 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 201 USD per credit and a duration of .
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.