The Art course from Kansas State University is a four-year, 124-credit hour program with concentrations possible in ceramics, digital/experimental media, drawing, graphic design, metalsmithing and jewelry, painting, photography, printmaking, and sculpture.
The degree is considered the appropriate preparation for the master of fine arts degree, which is recognized as the terminal degree in studio arts.
The BA and BFA can also be used as preparation for:
- A master’s degree in art therapy when a portfolio of artwork is presented and additional coursework, generally consisting of 12 credits in psychology is completed. Required Psychology credits commonly include developmental and abnormal psychology; requirements for admission may include other preliminary coursework as defined by individual graduate programs.
- A master’s degree in artistic and historic conservation. North American education programs offer a master’s degree in conservation or historic preservation for a master’s degree in a related discipline along with a certificate or diploma in conservation. Many graduate programs in conservation of cultural property require preliminary coursework that commonly includes one year of general chemistry and one year of organic chemistry, courses in the humanities such as art history, anthropology, architecture, and archeology, and coursework in studio art. Many programs also require a portfolio of art. Potential candidates should contact programs directly for admission requirements.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Ceramics Concentration
- Digital Experimental Media Concentration
- Drawing Concentration
- Graphic Design Concentration
- Metalsmithing and Jewelry Concentration
- Painting Concentration
- Photography Concentration
- Printmaking Concentration
- Sculpture Concentration
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
Applications are still accepted after the priority date, but scholarship/award offers are then only made pending the availability of unawarded funds.
DisciplinesVisual Arts View 1962 other Masters in Visual Arts in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- High school curriculum from an accredited secondary school.
- Minimum 2.5 GPA (Grade Point Average) on a 4.0 scale in high school coursework
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International25251 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 25251 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
National25251 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 25251 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
In-State9375 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9375 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.