The combined B.S./M.S. Horticulture and Natural Resources program in the Department of Horticulture and Natural Resources (HNR) from Kansas State University provides exceptional undergraduates with the opportunity to obtain both a Bachelor of Science and a Master of Science in 5 years, a shorter time than typically required to earn a B.S. plus M.S. if both degrees are pursued separately.
Students can obtain M.S. with thesis or non-thesis option.
The advantages of the combined degree to students seeking private sector employment may be entry level positions with higher-level responsibilities, higher pay, and opportunities for more rapid advancement.
The rigorous training and combined B.S./M.S. (thesis option) will offer a competitive advantage in the admissions process to students interested in pursuing doctoral (PhD) degrees.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The student will work closely with her/his major professor to form a supervisory committee and file a program of study by the end of the first semester of the senior year. The student’s supervisory committee must approve the program of study, which is a statement of the student’s graduation requirements.
- The undergraduate advisor will continue to advise the student in academic progress toward the B.S. degree, and the major professor will supervise the student’s academic progress and research project for the M.S. degree. Research toward the M.S. thesis will begin as soon as possible, but will not begin later than the first semester of the senior year.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 60 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesNatural Resource Management Horticulture View 134 other Bachelors in Natural Resource Management in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- The student must be seeking a B.S. degree from the Department of Horticulture and Natural Resources.
- The student must have completed 45 to 90 hours toward the B.S. degree.
- The student must be nominated by a Graduate Faculty member of HNR at any time from the second semester of the sophomore year through the second semester of the junior year. A student may be nominated during the senior year with special permission from the HNR Director of Graduate Programs.
- Three letters of reference are required.
- Transcript(s) of all undergraduate work must be sent to the Director of Graduate Programs in HNR.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International25560 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25560 USD per year during 60 months.
National25560 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25560 USD per year during 60 months.
In-State9489 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9489 USD per year during 60 months.
Living costs for Manhattan
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.