The Theological Studies (Hons) at University of St Andrews is a four-year course run by the School of Divinity. The course combines three distinct but closely related fields of study: theology, church history and practical theology.Modules in theology consider key topics (God, salvation, Jesus Christ, Trinity, creation) in relation to the contexts in which they emerged and developed throughout Christian history, and some of the key thinkers who developed those concepts. They also consider some of the distinctive challenges to faith in the modern world.
Graduates from the theological and biblical disciplines develop key transferable skills in critical thinking and in written and oral communication, which make them highly attractive to potential employers. Accordingly, employment prospects are usually wide ranging.
Recent graduates from the School of Divinity have found positions as:
- assistant minister with the Church of Scotland
- Youth Pastor with the Free Church of Scotland
- quality improvement officer with an English local council
- nursery nurse
- administrator with the Financial Services Authority (FSA)
- officer in the accounts department of Nexus communications
- policy officer with the Scottish Executive
- trainee accountant with KPMG.
- Medieval Monastic Spirituality
- The Nature of Theology
- Reading in Reformation and Early Modern Theology
- Reading in Theological Ethics
- Religious World of Dante
- Themes and Texts in Christian-Buddhist Dialogue
- Theology, Spirituality and Pastoral Care.
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
Application deadline - 29 January for UK students
DisciplinesHistory Religious Studies & Theology Christian Studies View 120 other Bachelors in Religious Studies & Theology in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
International25100 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25100 GBP per year during 48 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 48 months.
Living costs for St Andrews
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.