The Athletic Training program at Marist College aims to prepare the athletic training student for a transition into professional practice as competent and appropriately credentialed health care providers.
Athletic training is an area of health care concerned with prevention, recognition, care, management and rehabilitation of injury and illness in physically active populations. Athletic trainers work as part of a comprehensive sports medicine team that includes physicians, physical therapists, and other health-care professionals.
The National Athletic Trainers’ Association (NATA) is the professional membership association for certified athletic trainers and its purpose is to represent, engage and foster the continued growth and development of the athletic training profession and athletic trainers as unique health care providers.
Upon completion of the B.S. degree in Athletic Training at Marist, graduates will be eligible to sit for the certification examination administered by the Board of Certification, Inc. (BOC). Those passing this exam will be certified as athletic trainers.
Marist's ATP is accredited by and fully meets all of the accreditation standards set forth by the Commission on Accreditation of Athletic Training Education (CAATE) and is registered with the New York State Education Department as a licensure-qualifying degree program.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Marist's Athletic Training program starts with a strong foundation in science as students complete a year of General Biology and General Chemistry, including lab, as freshmen.
- During the first year, students are also introduced to the field of athletic training via enrollment in two introductory athletic training courses.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Early Decision: November 15th
- Early Action: November 15th
- Early Decision 2: February 1st
DisciplinesPhysiotherapy Sports Management Sports Sciences View 164 other Masters in Physiotherapy in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Minimum GPA of 2.50 for all courses
- Minimum GPA of 2.75 for all required coursework in the Athletic Training Major. This includes all courses with ATHT, BIOL, CHEM, HLTH, CSIS, MATH and PSYC prefix
- Obtain a grade of C or better in ATHT 104, BIOL 130, BIOL 131 and HLTH 202
- Complete 60 hours of observation
- Positive faculty references
- Positive observation evaluations
- Must adhere to the National Athletic Trainers' Association Code of Ethics
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International42430 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 42430 USD per year during 48 months.
National42430 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 42430 USD per year during 48 months.
Health Insurance: $3,275
Living costs for Poughkeepsie
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.