Clinical Education and Experience
Clinical education/experience is an important aspect to Athletic Training education. The Marist ATP offers progressive experiences to ensure that students are able to practice and apply skills and proficiencies taught in the classroom and labs.
Students of the Athletic Training program at Marist College learn not only in small classroom settings but also through one-on-one mastery of athletic training skills with clinical preceptors.
All Clinical Preceptors are certified athletic trainers or other licensed health care professionals and are aware of the clinical experience level of each athletic training student, and the overall structure, mission and philosophy of our education plan.
They are able to assist with the teaching and evaluation of clinical skills and proficiencies required for each of the students assigned to them, as well as the professional development and maturation of each student.
Extensive Clinical Experience Develops Students for Careers in Athletic Training
With a variety of high schools, colleges, and sport and physical therapy centers, as well as our own Sports Medicine Facility working with full-time certified athletic trainers, we’ll work with you to ensure that the experience you receive is best suited to your future goals in athletic training.
Marist's ATP is accredited by and fully meets all of the accreditation standards set forth by the Commission on Accreditation of Athletic Training Education (CAATE) and is registered with the New York State Education Department as a licensure-qualifying degree program.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureStudents will demonstrate knowledge, skills and abilities in professional knowledge content area of:
- Injury Prevention & Health Promotion
- Clinical Examination & Diagnosis
- Acute Care of Injury & Illness
- Therapeutic Interventions, Psychosocial Strategies & Referral
- Healthcare Administration, and Professional Development & Responsibility
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Early Decision: November 15th
- Early Action: November 15th
- Early Decision 2: February 1st
DisciplinesPhysiotherapy Sports Management Sports Sciences View 544 other Bachelors in Sports Management in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Starting from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Marist College and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Minimum GPA of 2.50 for all courses
- Minimum GPA of 2.75 for all required coursework in the Athletic Training Major. This includes all courses with ATHT, BIOL, CHEM, HLTH, CSIS, MATH and PSYC prefix
- Obtain a grade of C or better in ATHT 104, BIOL 130, BIOL 131 and HLTH 202
- Complete 60 hours of observation
- Positive faculty references
- Positive observation evaluations
- Must adhere to the National Athletic Trainers' Association Code of Ethics
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International43410 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 43410 USD per year during 48 months.
National43410 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 43410 USD per year during 48 months.
Health Insurance: $3,275
Living costs for Poughkeepsie
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.