Concentrations Available in the Chemical Engineering program at Louisiana State University:
- Biomolecular: The biomolecular concentration provides insight into the roles chemical engineers play in engineering biological systems. Optimization of industrial biological processes involve many of the same techniques as traditional chemical processes, such as separations, product purification, and reactor design. In this concentration, you can strengthen your biology background by taking advanced courses in biological engineering and biology. Additionally, you will take biomolecular courses in chemical engineering in which you will learn about kinetics of bioreactors, DNA manipulation, protein engineering for enhanced industrial utility, and many other topics.
- Environmental: The environmental concentration provides an understanding of the relationships between nature and chemicals, including their feedstocks, processing, and ultimate fate in the environment. Courses in this concentration focus on sustainability in the chemical and process industries, transport of chemicals in the environment (including air, water, and soils), atmospheric reactions, and the balance between industry and environment in large and small systems.
- Materials: The materials concentration provides an understanding of materials processing and properties as they relate to chemical engineering. For example, courses in heterogeneous catalysis consider how catalyst performance is associated with material properties at the atomic level. Likewise, the program provides insights into how the properties of materials are determined by chemical processing. For example, it is important to understand how precursor materials affect the properties of various products, plastics, or other advanced materials, such as alloys, ceramics, and semiconductors. Other courses include topics related to metal reliability and corrosion as they relate to chemical engineering.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Chemical Engineering Fundamentals: Material and Energy Balances
- Organic Chemistry
- Organic Chemistry Laboratory
- Elementary Differential Equations and Linear Algebra
- Fields: Gravity, Electricity and Magnetism
- Mathematical Modeling of Chemical Engineering Systems
- Economic Principles
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesChemistry Biology General Engineering & Technology View 2522 other Masters in Biology in United States
- $50 non-refundable application fee.
- International students who have never attended a post-secondary education institution will apply as a freshman (first-year student), and must have the equivalent of a U.S. high school diploma with an academic average equivalent to a “B” (3.0 or better on the U.S. 4-point grading system).
- The “academic average” is determined by averaging the grades of secondary school academic courses, excluding nonacademic courses such as physical education, vocational/technical courses, religion, art, music, etc.
- Students must submit complete official records for the secondary level of education and are strongly encouraged to submit ACT or SAT scores.
International28639 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 28639 USD per year during 48 months.
National28639 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 28639 USD per year during 48 months.
In-State11962 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11962 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Baton Rouge
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.