The goal of the Elementary Education Undergraduate Program - Distance Learning from University of North Carolina Wilmington is to assist in providing an appropriate education for children in grades K-6 through the preparation of teachers who are well educated and professionally competent.
The conceptual framework for the elementary education program is one which is common to all teacher education programs at UNCW: Watson School of Education develops highly competent and effective professionals to serve in educational leadership roles.
Upon completion of the undergraduate Elementary Education Program (EEL), the student should be able to:
- Demonstrate breadth of disciplinary knowledge relevant to elementary school curricula.
- Demonstrate depth of knowledge in at least one area of study.
- Communicate effectively in conventional formal English, both orally and in writing, in appropriate situations.
- Adapt instruction to the developmental and learning needs of individuals, including exceptional children and children from diverse cultural backgrounds.
- Establish a classroom climate conducive to learning.
- Choose appropriate objectives consistent with state and local curriculum guidelines, the learning needs of students, and guidelines established by learned societies.
- Provide effective objective-based instruction for a variety of types of learning in all of the subject areas of the elementary school curriculum.
- Employ appropriate evaluation procedures and use evaluative information as a basis for revising and generating plans.
- Implement appropriate technologies to facilitate learning.
- Establish a pattern of reflective learning and inquiry leading towards confidence, professionalism, and effectiveness in the role of teacher.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Teacher, School and Society
- Field Experience Lab
- Psychological Foundations of Teaching
- Elementary School Programs and Practices
- Instructional Design and Evaluation
- Instructional Technology
- Meeting Needs of Special Students in Elementary Schools
- Foundations of Number and Algebraic Reasoning
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesEducation Teaching Early Childhood Education View 3342 other Bachelors in Education in United States
- Completed online application.
- Non-refundable $80 application fee (check or money order in U.S. dollars and drawn on a U.S. bank, payable to UNCW).
- Essay & short answer
- An official transcript, translated into English (translation must be certified), of grades from secondary school.
International18508 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9254 USD per semester during 48 months.
National18508 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9254 USD per semester during 48 months.
In-State4444 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2222 USD per semester during 48 months.
Living costs for Wilmington
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.