First-year in the Writing Program at the University of La Verne introduces multimodal writing, argumentation, and critical reading. Upper division courses offer students advanced study in rhetoric and writing, including a practicum in peer tutoring in writing, advanced writing in the disciplines, and special topics in writing and rhetoric.
The Writing Program organizes One Book, One University, a common reading program for incoming first-year students. Students broaden their thinking and perspectives through campus-wide discussions, guest speakers and performers, and lectures from First-Year Learning Experience (FLEX) faculty on topics related to the selected text.
Past authors have included Los Angeles Poet Laureate Luis Rodriguez, Pulitzer Prize-winning journalists Sonia Nazario and Elizabeth Kolbert, MacArthur awardee and poet Claudia Rankine, and Pulitzer Prize winner Viet Thanh Nguyen.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Academic Writing for Multilingual Students
- Writing Studio
- College Writing
- College Writing and Research
- Writing Theory and Practice: Peer Writing Tutor Training
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
The University of La Verne is on rolling admission. Applications received after the priority deadlines will be considered as space permits.
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies Creative Writing Literature View 1858 other Masters in Area & Cultural Studies in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Application for Admission and Application Fee. Complete an application using the La Verne Application for Admission or the Common Application and submit the non-refundable $50 application fee or application fee waiver if you have one.
- Personal Statement. The personal statement essay allows us to learn a little more about you. Essay topics can be found in the application.
- Official High School Transcripts. Submit your transcripts to the Office of Admission. We will accept unofficial transcripts for admission consideration, but we will need final official transcripts directly from your school once you graduate.
- Letter of Recommendation (Optional). One letter of recommendation from a teacher or counselor where you are currently enrolled or most recently attended. You can find recommendation forms in the application.
- SAT or ACT Test Scores (Optional).
International44700 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 22350 USD per semester and a duration of 48 months.
National44700 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 22350 USD per semester and a duration of 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.