The Family and Consumer Sciences - Family and Consumer Sciences major at Colorado State University is interdisciplinary, bringing together coursework in human development, family studies, nutrition and foods, consumer sciences, personal finance, apparel and textiles, design and merchandising, and health and wellness.
It is highly recommended that students participate in internships, volunteer activities, or cooperative extension opportunities to enhance their experiences and development. Graduates who seek advanced degrees often attain higher-level professional positions.
Graduates’ career opportunities include, but are not limited to:
- Cooperative extension/agent
- Consumer information specialist
- Program development
- Product representative
- Customer service specialist
- Writer/developer of informational or educational materials
- Governmental, community, and non-profit agency worker
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Finance-Personal and Family
- Infant and Child Development in Context
- Adolescent/EarIy Adult Development in Context
- Adult Development-Middle Age and Aging
- Housing Values in America
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesFamily & Consumer Science View 283 other Bachelors in Family & Consumer Science in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- All first-year freshman students will submit an application using the Common Application. Your application will be reviewed after we receive all of the required items.
- Transcripts: Submit your most recent transcripts or mark sheets. We will ask for additional materials if necessary. Only transcripts sent directly from the school or stamped and sealed are considered official.
- Personal statement: Your personal statement, commonly called an essay, is your opportunity to help us understand what makes you unique beyond your grades and transcripts. Your personal statement will be reviewed during your admission decision, for consideration for any competitive majors, and for financial aid decisions.
- Recommendation: One recommendation from a counselor or teacher is required.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International31712 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 31712 USD per year during 48 months.
National31712 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 31712 USD per year during 48 months.
In-State12432 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12432 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Fort Collins
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.