The Urban Design and Architecture Studies BA program from New York University provides both a broad, humanistic perspective on the physical aspects of the city and pre-professional training for future architects, city planners, public administrators, and writers on urban problems.
An internationally renowned faculty and a diverse group of students share the Grey Art Library and Study Center, which includes lecture and seminar rooms, offices, a reference library, and ample space for the study of visual materials.
Goals and career opportunities
Urban Design and Architecture Studies is a specialty major within the Art History Department. The primary goal of this program is to encourage a critical and practical understanding of cities and architecture. Two pre-requisite courses introduce students to key issues in the history of the built environment, preparing them to study the dynamics of urban development. Professionals working in urban design and architecture teach many of our advanced courses; the major can help students prepare for professional careers in city planning, architecture and design, public administration, real estate, law, journalism, and allied fields.
- History of Architecture from Antiquity to the Present
- Shaping the Urban Environment
- Architecture Studies
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesArchitecture Design Landscape Architecture View 1303 other Bachelors in Design in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Official score reports (see NYU’s standardized testing requirements).
- An audition or portfolio for specific artistic program applicants to the Steinhardt School of Culture, Education and Human Development and Tisch School of the Arts.
- English language testing if you have not completed at least 3 years of study where English is the sole language of instruction and English is not your native language.
- Official transcripts of all college work that you have received academic credit for.
- The Common Application Mid Year Report with updated transcript.
International58168 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 58168 USD per year during 48 months.
National58168 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 58168 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for New York City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.