Students from the Art - Fibers major at Colorado State University develop skills in visual communication as they investigate the language of textiles and its role in contemporary art and design. Undergraduate courses provide foundations in weaving and surface-design methods—including fabric printing, painting, dyeing, and embellishment.
Classes also promote creative investigation of off-loom constructions, feltmaking, mixed media, and installation.
Studio work is enriched with research in the collections of the Gregory Allicar Museum of Art and the Avenir Museum of Design and Merchandising.
Students receive guidance in professional practices as they direct their talents toward careers in art, design, and education. CSU alumni exhibit their work regionally, nationally, and internationally; teach at public and private schools, colleges, and universities; and lead workshop programs throughout the U.S. Our alumni also jury and curate exhibitions, work as designers, and write for national publications.
Art graduates possess a number of transferable communication, analytical, and critical thinking skills appropriate for work in traditional business as well as positions in academia and roles as freelance artists, graphic designers, art educators, art historians, studio fine artists and as “creatives” in government and industry.
Many employers appreciate art majors for their multiple skills and their ability to adapt to a variety of tasks and work environments. Participation in internships, cooperative education, and service learning opportunities is highly recommended to enhance practical training and development. Graduates who go on for advanced studies can attain more responsible positions with the possibility of rising to top professional levels.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Photo Image Making
- Intermediate Drawing
- Introduction to Graphic Design
- Introduction to Electronic Art
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesVisual Arts View 1958 other Masters in Visual Arts in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- All first-year freshman students will submit an application using the Common Application. Your application will be reviewed after we receive all of the required items.
- Transcripts: Submit your most recent transcripts or mark sheets. We will ask for additional materials if necessary. Only transcripts sent directly from the school or stamped and sealed are considered official.
- Personal statement: Your personal statement, commonly called an essay, is your opportunity to help us understand what makes you unique beyond your grades and transcripts. Your personal statement will be reviewed during your admission decision, for consideration for any competitive majors, and for financial aid decisions.
- Recommendation: One recommendation from a counselor or teacher is required.
- English proficiency test results
- Immigration documents (for international students)
- ACT or SAT results (optional for international students)
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International31712 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 31712 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
National31712 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 31712 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
In-State12260 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 12260 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.