The major introduces students to theoretical foundations and practical applications through a set of cross-cutting introductory courses. Students develop expertise in one of three specialized tracks: environmental policy and planning, international development, or urban planning.The Urban Studies and Planning program is offered at University of Southern California.
Students will learn analytical techniques for urban sustainability, methods for stakeholder engagement, approaches for poverty alleviation, and the role of the built environment and geographic data in city problem solving.
Environmental analysis and sustainability, Geographic Information Systems, statistics, urban design, applied field research, and the mandatory internship are a sample of the courses and tools used to educate our students and to better prepare them for their professional careers or graduate studies.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Public Policy and Management
- Citizenship and Public Ethics
- The Urban Context for Policy and Planning
- Social Justice Issues in Public Policy and Urban Planning
- PPD Practices: Internship Seminar
- Statistics for Policy, Planning, and Development
- Public Policy and Planning Analysis
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesArchitecture Urban Planning View 284 other Masters in Architecture in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Official Test Scores
- Transcripts: First-year applicants should submit official transcripts of all high school and college coursework completed.
- Letter(s) of Recommendation: One letter is required from either your school counselor or a teacher from your school. Applicants to the School of Cinematic Arts must submit three letters of recommendation.
- Portfolio, resumé and/or additional writing samples: if required by major. Performance majors may also require auditions. Refer to the Additional Application Requirements section, below, for more information.
- Submit your fall grades (when available)
International57256 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 57256 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
National57256 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 57256 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.