Students will engage in various methods of analysis, from investigations of everyday interactions to explorations of larger economic, political and social structures. In classrooms and internships, students will learn how people in NGOs and nonprofits promote new forms of citizenship and governance, aiming to protect the environment and to lessen the suffering of people around the world.To remedy social problems, we need to examine their economic, political and social roots, as well as the varied forms of organizations that aim to fix them.The Non-Governmental Organizations and Social Change major at University of Southern California requires nine courses (36 units) chosen from the specific lists of requirements below. As with all interdisciplinary majors, students may double-count no more than three courses from this degree to satisfy any other major
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Black Social Movements in the U.S.
- Political Economy and Social Issues
- Environmental Issues in Society
- American Environmentalism
- Introduction to Environmental Law and Politics
- Crises of a Planet
- International Relations
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesSocial Work View 575 other Masters in Social Work in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Official Test Scores
- Transcripts: First-year applicants should submit official transcripts of all high school and college coursework completed.
- Letter(s) of Recommendation: One letter is required from either your school counselor or a teacher from your school. Applicants to the School of Cinematic Arts must submit three letters of recommendation.
- Portfolio, resumé and/or additional writing samples: if required by major. Performance majors may also require auditions. Refer to the Additional Application Requirements section, below, for more information.
- Submit your fall grades (when available)
International57256 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 57256 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
National57256 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 57256 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.