Majors emphasizing creative writing must take seven upper-division courses, including two introductory creative writing workshops in poetry and prose, and a third workshop at the 400-level. The English program is offered at University of Southern California.
The remaining upperdivision courses must include one course in literature written before 1900, one course in literature written after 1900 and one elective.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- English Literature to 1800
- English Literature since 1800
- American Literature
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesLanguage Studies Literature View 1110 other Masters in Literature in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Official Test Scores
- Transcripts: First-year applicants should submit official transcripts of all high school and college coursework completed.
- Letter(s) of Recommendation: One letter is required from either your school counselor or a teacher from your school. Applicants to the School of Cinematic Arts must submit three letters of recommendation.
- Portfolio, resumé and/or additional writing samples: if required by major. Performance majors may also require auditions. Refer to the Additional Application Requirements section, below, for more information.
- Submit your fall grades (when available)
International57256 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 57256 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
National57256 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 57256 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.