For the lower division, two years of Chinese, Japanese or Korean language are required. For the upper-division, 32 units, including the third year of language, are required. The East Asian Languages and Cultures program is offered at University of Southern California.
The 32 units of upper-division courses must also include one civilization course, one literature course and four upper-division elective courses (16 units) in Chinese, Japanese or Korean. One lower-division course may be counted toward the 16 units of upper-division electives. One East Asian course from another department may be included in the 32-unit requirement, if approved by an adviser.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Korean Literature in English Translation
- Korean American Literature
- apanese Literature and Culture
- Korean Literature and Culture
- Chinese Literature and Culture
- Modern Chinese Literature in Translation
- Cultural Topics in East Asian Literature
- Readings in Korean Poetry
- Readings in Modern Korean Literature
- Nature and the Ecological Imagination in Japanese Literature
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesLanguage Studies View 2808 other Masters in Language Studies in United States
- 3.33 overall GPA, 3.5 GPA or better in courses in the major, completion of at least one upperlevel EALC course requiring a seminar paper at the time of admission, submission of an application form to the undergraduate faculty adviser.
International57256 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 57256 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
National57256 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 57256 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.