This track offers the opportunity to pursue a major that is broadly based in the liberal arts. Students on this track might consider extending their concentration with a double major or minor. For example, the literature concentration could be extended with a second major or minor in a national literature (French, Spanish, Italian, Russian, English, classics or an East Asian literature); the media concentration by another major or minor in cinematic arts, art history or communication; and the critical thought concentration by a second major or minor in philosophy, religion, history, sociology or anthropology.
The Foreign Language Track incorporates the study of at least one literature in a foreign language into the comparative perspective of the Comparative Literature major at University of Southern California.Students who intend to pursue a graduate degree in either comparative literature or a foreign literature are strongly advised to choose this track, as are students who already possess advanced skills in a language other than English. Majors in comparative literature with foreign language emphasis might consider a double major or a minor in a department of foreign language or in a non-literary field such as international relations or journalism.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Introduction to Literary Theory
- Globalization: Culture, Change, Resistance
- Masterpieces and Masterminds: Literature and Thought
- On Location: The Place of Literature in Global Cultures
- Cultures of Latin America
- Modern Literature and Thought of the West Since 1800
- Asian Aesthetic and Literary Traditions
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesLiterature View 1110 other Masters in Literature in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Official Test Scores
- Transcripts: First-year applicants should submit official transcripts of all high school and college coursework completed.
- Letter(s) of Recommendation: One letter is required from either your school counselor or a teacher from your school. Applicants to the School of Cinematic Arts must submit three letters of recommendation.
- Portfolio, resumé and/or additional writing samples: if required by major. Performance majors may also require auditions. Refer to the Additional Application Requirements section, below, for more information.
- Submit your fall grades (when available)
International57256 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 57256 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
National57256 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 57256 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.