Major courses are selected from the curriculum of the School of Cinematic Arts. The Cinema and Media Studies degree offered at University of Southern California requires 128 units, including 28 lower-division and 24 upper-division units in cinematic arts.
A maximum of 40 School of Cinematic Arts upper-division units will apply to the BA degree. Before graduating, cinema and media studies majors are encouraged to take at least one small non-lecture class that emphasizes student critical writing or research papers. This category may include (but is not limited to): CTCS 402, CTCS 411, CTCS 412, CTCS 414, sections of CTCS 464 or CTCS 469 that require a D clearance, CTCS 494, and CTCS 495.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Reality Starts Here
- Introduction to Cinema
- Introduction to Television and Video
- Race, Class, and Gender in American Film
- History of the International Cinema I
- History of the International Cinema II
- Film and Media Theory
- Cinematic Communication
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesFilm, Photography & Media View 681 other Masters in Film, Photography & Media in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Official Test Scores
- Transcripts: First-year applicants should submit official transcripts of all high school and college coursework completed.
- Letter(s) of Recommendation: One letter is required from either your school counselor or a teacher from your school. Applicants to the School of Cinematic Arts must submit three letters of recommendation.
- Portfolio, resumé and/or additional writing samples: if required by major. Performance majors may also require auditions. Refer to the Additional Application Requirements section, below, for more information.
- Submit your fall grades (when available)
International57256 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 57256 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
National57256 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 57256 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.