Students may choose to emphasize environmental chemistry, environmental health biology, or environmental physics by selecting those concentrations. Admission into the program requires satisfactory completion of coursework in basic sciences and mathematics. Recent graduates have entered graduate programs in environmental science, microbiology, marine science, applied mathematics, and environmental engineering. Students who pursued employment after completing the B.S.P.H. degree are working in environmental advocacy organizations, environmental consulting firms, industry, and investment banking firms.
Student learning outcomes:
Upon completion of the B.S. in Environmental Health Sciences offered by University of North Carolina Chapel Hill, students should be able to:
- Demonstrate knowledge of the fundamental sciences
- Describe the relationship between public health and environmental sciences and engineering
- Identify major issues in environmental sciences and engineering
- Describe significant regulatory components that have shaped environmental policy
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Principles of Statistical Inference
- Environmental Chemistry Processes
- Principles of Biology
- Molecular Biology and Genetics
- Ecology and Evolution
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesHealth Sciences Environmental Sciences View 1103 other Masters in Environmental Sciences in United States
- Official transcript(s) from all secondary schools and all colleges or universities attended, including summer sessions and including any online or distance-education classes, regardless if college credit was earned or will transfer
- Official results from the SAT or the ACT examination
- Counselor statement and one teacher recommendation (if the candidate is in his or her first year at a new school, a recommendation from the previous school is suggested)
- Any additional items or information requested in the application or by the Office of Undergraduate Admissions.
- RCN Number, if claiming North Carolina residency
International34198 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17099 USD per semester during 48 months.
National34198 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17099 USD per semester during 48 months.
In-State7020 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3510 USD per semester during 48 months.
Living costs for Chapel Hill
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.