Both the major and minor provide students with the opportunity to integrate international aspects of different disciplines into a coherent program. Each has specific required core courses and electives.
Students are accepted into the Islamic Civilization and Societies major at Boston College by competitive application during the fall semester of the student's second year. Fifteen students are accepted into the major each year. Admission is determined by the Program's Admissions Committee.
- Students will gain knowledge of the history, culture, politics, economics, religion, and social conditions of the countries of the Middle East and broader world of Islam, including Muslim minorities in Europe and the United States;
- Students will apply interdisciplinary research methodologies and utilize a variety of methodological and theoretical approaches;
- Students will gain proficiency at the intermediate level or above in one of the languages spoken in the region, such as Arabic, Farsi, Turkish, Hebrew;
- Students will gain cultural competence, including the ability to understand and interact with people across cultures, and analyze cultural differences.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Islamic Civilization
- Disciplinary base
- Senior Seminar
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies Islamic Studies View 1857 other Masters in Area & Cultural Studies in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Standardized Testing
- International applicants must submit TOEFL, IELTS, or Duolingo English Test examination scores.
- Curriculum Evaluation
- All students are required to submit an official high/secondary school transcript.
- Supporting Materials
- The School Report and Counselor Recommendation Form
- Teacher Evaluations
- Application Fee
- English Proficiency
International59050 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 59050 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
National59050 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 59050 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.