The Theater program offered at Bryn Mawr College provides opportunities to participate in performance and technical aspects of theater, as do Greasepaint Productions and other student-run groups. Goodhart Hall houses McPherson Auditorium and the Hepburn Teaching Theater, the main performance spaces; other facilities at Bryn Mawr and Haverford are available for smaller theatrical productions.
Bryn Mawr College was proud to re-open Goodhart Hall in the Fall of 2009 after an ambitious $19 million dollar renovation project was completed. The newly updated facilities now are used for many functions including the Bryn Mawr College Performing Arts Series, performances by many student dance and theater clubs, music concerts and social events, as well as providing a home to the Theater Program's main-stage production each semester.
Arts at Bryn College
Appreciating, learning about, and creating art are vital to Bryn Mawr's campus culture. In this lively, diverse community, the arts build bridges to the wider world, stimulating intellectual and social growth.
The vitality of the arts on campus is evident in the way student artists cooperate to supervise studio space and sponsor workshops for the campus community or to rehearse with fellow students to present a capella concerts. Performance opportunities for students range from informal open-mike nights and student-organized ensembles to senior projects enriched by the superb facilities and technical expertise of the Bryn Mawr and Haverford arts programs, where Bryn Mawr and Haverford arts professors encourage their students to integrate their creative and intellectual lives.
- Technical Theater
- Performance Ensemble
- Costume Design
- The Actor Creates: Performance Studio in Generating Original Work
- Ecologies of Theater: Performance, Play, and Landscape
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMusic Liberal Arts Theatre & Dance View 2075 other Bachelors in Liberal Arts in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Common Application or Coalition Application (fee waived when submitted online)
- Bryn Mawr Writing Supplement
- School report including official transcripts (Homeschool and Alternative Education requirements)
- Two teacher recommendations
- School Counselor recommendation
- Mid-year report
- If your mid-year report is not available until after Jan. 15, we will still accept your application if the rest of your file is complete. We do require your mid-year report in order to issue a final decision.
- Standardized test results
- Final report
- Early Decision Agreement (if applicable)
International55025 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 55025 USD per year during 48 months.
National55025 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 55025 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Ardmore
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.