The Study and Writing of History is a course required for all History majors and open only to History majors from Boston College. Ideally it is taken during the Sophomore year. The course is demanding, requiring a significant commitment of time and energy. But the result is gratifying. You will research and write a major paper based on primary source research.
The History course is designed to create a common understanding of historical method among our majors. After taking it, they should understand from practical experience:
- the difference between primary and secondary literature;
- how to find and evaluate primary sources;
- how to interpret and synthesize the many different works they read;
- how to generate a question to guide their research;
- how to refine the question as they learn more;
- how to compose an argument and organize a paper; and
- how to revise their work in response to the questions and criticism of other readers.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- US History
- The Study and Writing of History
- Latin America, Asia, Middle East, Africa history
- Senior Honors Thesis or Senior Colloquium
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies History Modern History View 1585 other Masters in History in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Standardized Testing
- International applicants must submit TOEFL, IELTS, or Duolingo English Test examination scores.
- Curriculum Evaluation
- All students are required to submit an official high/secondary school transcript.
- Supporting Materials
- The School Report and Counselor Recommendation Form
- Teacher Evaluations
- Application Fee
- English Proficiency
International59050 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 59050 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
National59050 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 59050 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.