Building on their linguistic proficiency consolidated in the language program, majors expand that proficiency to a wide variety of French texts. This training exercises and assures our students' ability to analyze texts and contexts, as well as to conceive, articulate, and defend an original idea.
Upon successful completion of the French major at Boston College, students should be able to:
- speak in the target language to describe, narrate and carry on spontaneous conversations about topics such as travel, health, professions, plans for the future and references to the past.
- comprehend the target language with sufficient ability to understand the main ideas and additional details in short conversations referring to the above mentioned topics and authentic situations in different time frames.
- read and understand texts (some prepared specifically for students, others authentic) dealing with cultural products and practices on a variety of topics.
- write basic compositions about different themes in simple but complete sentences and short paragraphs with good control of the grammar and sentence structure.
- recognize, appreciate, and compare similarities and differences between their own culture and the target culture.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Drama and Poetry
- Narrative Forms
- Masterpieces of French Literature
- Advanced Language Studies in French
- Topics in French Culture and Civilization
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesLanguage Studies Languages View 1950 other Masters in Languages in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Standardized Testing
- International applicants must submit TOEFL, IELTS, or Duolingo English Test examination scores.
- Curriculum Evaluation
- All students are required to submit an official high/secondary school transcript.
- Supporting Materials
- The School Report and Counselor Recommendation Form
- Teacher Evaluations
- Application Fee
- English Proficiency
International59050 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 59050 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
National59050 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 59050 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.