The right choice is highly individual. If you want to study both Latin and Greek, it is advisable to begin Greek no later than the second year, presuming that you already have some Latin.
Courses on the Classical Studies program from Boston College at the intermediate level in Latin and Greek are taught every semester. At the advanced level two courses in Latin authors and one course in a Greek author are typically offered each term. These can sometimes be supplemented by independent projects, depending on faculty availability to supervise them. In the area of civilization courses, i.e., those whose reading is in English translation, four or five are usually taught each term.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- (three courses) in Latin and/or Greek, in any combination
- (three courses) in the area of ancient civilization and culture (readings in English)
- Classical Mythology
- (four courses) consisting of any course the department offers, except for elementary Latin
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesLanguage Studies Languages General Studies & Classics View 2808 other Masters in Language Studies in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Standardized Testing
- International applicants must submit TOEFL, IELTS, or Duolingo English Test examination scores.
- Curriculum Evaluation
- All students are required to submit an official high/secondary school transcript.
- Supporting Materials
- The School Report and Counselor Recommendation Form
- Teacher Evaluations
- Application Fee
- English Proficiency
International59050 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 59050 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
National59050 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 59050 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.