As a major in the Religious Studies program of St. Francis College, you have the opportunity to become an expert in the fascinating, diverse history of the world’s religions and gain insightful new perspectives on local and world events.
The College is steeped in the Franciscan Tradition of kindness, generosity, tolerance, and respect. This underscores the importance of understanding religions other than your own and learning about their diversity and history.
Religious studies is an excellent preparation not only for graduate work in religious studies, theology or religious ministry, but also for graduate studies and professional work in psychology, history, literature, philosophy, art and social science as well as political science, international affairs, and law.
At St. Francis College, Religious Studies aims to enable students to understand and appreciate the religious beliefs and practices of all peoples in historical and cultural perspectives and to offer to each student the means to a disciplined reflection on the life of religious faith. This is done through the core curriculum course required of all students, electives open to all students, and the major and minor in Religious Studies.
In keeping with the Catholic and Franciscan heritage of the College, Religious Studies at St. Francis includes both descriptive study of religious history, literature and practice and constructive inquiry into religious ideas and meaning through the study of religious thought and of ethics with an emphasis on contemporary issues.
Goals & Objectives
- To provide students with a substantive knowledge of religious traditions and a critical understanding of the enterprise of the study of religion.
- To develop in students the ability to deal comparatively with the basic themes of religion and to look at issues of religion in the light of evidence and reasonable reflection. Each student majoring in Religious Studies will achieve competence in his or her area of concentration in an overall program of study designed in consultation with the faculty.
- To foster among students a spirit of positive engagement with religions other than their own through class work, research and site visits.
- To serve not only the professional aspirations and academic needs but also the personal concerns of all students who enter the program, whatever their religious background or affiliation.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Hebrew Bible
- New Testament
- The Christian Tradition
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesReligious Studies & Theology View 835 other Bachelors in Religious Studies & Theology in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Complete your application here
- Submit your high school transcripts (translated)
- Submit proof of high school completion (diploma)
- If your previous institution was outside the United States, you will be required to have a course-by-course evaluation of your credits by any credential evaluation service that is a member of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES).
- NACES Members with St. Francis College pages SpanTran
- SAT scores are optional (except for Student-Athletes and Nursing students)
- Provide TOEFL, IELTS, Duolingo, PTE or ITEP exam results
International26688 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13344 USD per semester during 48 months.
National26688 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13344 USD per semester during 48 months.
Living costs for Brooklyn
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.