Health information management professionals work in a variety of different settings and have various job titles. They often serve in bridge roles, connecting clinical, operational, and administrative functions. These professionals affect the quality of patient information and patient care at every touch point in the healthcare delivery cycle. Having skilled HIM professionals on staff ensures an organization has the right information on hand when and where it is needed while maintaining the highest standards of data integrity, confidentiality, and security.
Graduates of the SUNY Polytechnic Institute health information management program and students in their last semester are eligible to sit for the registered health information administrator (RHIA) examination of the American Health Information Management Association.
The program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation for Health Informatics and Information Management Education (CAHIIM).
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Inpatient Coding and Classification
- Outpatient Coding and Classification
- Legal Aspects of Health Information
- Management for the Health Professions
- Professional Practice Experience I – Technical
- Non-hospital Health Information Management Systems
- Systems for the Evaluation and Improvement of Health Care Systems
- Introduction to Epidemiology
- Research in Health Information Management
- Health Care Management/Medical Information Systems
- Electronic Health Records
- Healthcare Reimbursement
- Health Information Services Management
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesHealth Management Health Informatics View 459 other Bachelors in Health Management in United States
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Generally, first-year applicants should carry at least a B/B+ average in a college-preparatory program
- an SAT score in the 1160-1290 range (or approximately a 24-27 composite ACT score).
- Admission is based on high school average,
- All applicants are reviewed on an individual basis.
International16650 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8325 USD per semester during 48 months.
National16650 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8325 USD per semester during 48 months.
Living costs for Utica
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.