At Russian from Sarah Lawrence College oral proficiency is the focus of the first-year class, culminating in end-of-semester projects where students, in small groups, write and film skits. In the second-year course, reading is also emphasized.
We include short stories and poetry, as well as texts paired with films. Topics, texts, and authors covered in the advanced class vary widely, and student input is strongly encouraged. Past syllabi have included works by authors such as Pushkin, Gogol, Tolstoy, Tsvetaeva, Bulgakov, and Pelevin, as well as films.
Graduates with Russian from Sarah Lawrence College will:
- gain knowledge in translation
- be able to pursue their interest in Russia and Eastern Europe in many other areas of the College.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Russian language
- Russian literature
- Europe’s Civil War: 1914–1945
- The Music of Russia
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesLanguages View 1969 other Masters in Languages in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Common Application
- School Report & Transcripts. Transcripts must be translated to English, and the original language document must also be provided.
- TOEFL/IELTS (for international applicants)
- Applicants for whom English is not the native language should take the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL). We also accept the International English Language Testing System (IELTS).
- Two letters of recommendation from academic teachers.
- Standardized tests (such as the ACT and SAT), interviews, and artistic supplements are optional.
International56020 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 56020 USD per year during 48 months.
National56020 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 56020 USD per year during 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.