At Literature from Sarah Lawrence College course offerings cover major works in English and other languages in addition to literary criticism and theory. Some courses focus on individual authors (Virgil, Shakespeare, Woolf, Murakami); others, on literary genres (comedy, epic), periods (medieval, postmodern), and regional traditions (African American, Iberian).
Graduates with Literature from Sarah Lawrence College will:
- employ interdisciplinary approaches in their research
- gain knowledge in poetry, prose, drama, and theoretical texts.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The Marriage Plot: Love and Romance in American and English Fiction
- Mythology in Literature
- The Perils of Passion: Ancient Greek Wisdom for Today’s Troubled Times
- Shakespeare and the Semiotics of Performance
- Reading High Romantic Poetry (Blake to Keats)
- Postwar German Literature and Film
- Studies in Ecocriticism: The Idea of Nature in the Western Tradition
- The Golden Age of Satire: Criminals, Castaways, Couplets, and Kings
- Japanese Literature: Translations, Adaptations, and Visual Storytelling
- From Singers to Scribes: Storytelling and Authorship in Medieval England
- Home, Exile, and Emigration: Case Studies From the Bible to Contemporary German Literature
- Imagining War
- Forms and Logic of Comedy
- Literature in Translation: 20th-Century Italian Literature and Culture
- Epic Vision and Tradition
- French and Francophone Women Writers From Beauvoir to Slimani
- Bardo of Everyday Life: Decolonizing Travel Writing
- Theory for Reading
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesLiterature View 1124 other Masters in Literature in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Common Application
- School Report & Transcripts. Transcripts must be translated to English, and the original language document must also be provided.
- TOEFL/IELTS (for international applicants)
- Applicants for whom English is not the native language should take the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL). We also accept the International English Language Testing System (IELTS).
- Two letters of recommendation from academic teachers.
- Standardized tests (such as the ACT and SAT), interviews, and artistic supplements are optional.
International56020 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 56020 USD per year during 48 months.
National56020 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 56020 USD per year during 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.