At Japanese from Sarah Lawrence College students also have the opportunity to spend a year or semester in Japan on other programs offered by other approved colleges and universities. For more information:
Graduates with Japanese from Sarah Lawrence College will:
- build communicative skills in listening comprehension, speaking, reading, and writing.
- explore the richness and diversity of Japanese literature from its earliest written records to contemporary fiction.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Japanese language
- Japanese Literature: Translations, Adaptations, and Visual Storytelling
- The World According to Ariyoshi Sawako
- Chan and Zen Buddhism
- Religion in Contemporary Japan
- Zen Buddhism in Japan and America
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesLanguages View 1969 other Masters in Languages in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Common Application
- School Report & Transcripts. Transcripts must be translated to English, and the original language document must also be provided.
- TOEFL/IELTS (for international applicants)
- Applicants for whom English is not the native language should take the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL). We also accept the International English Language Testing System (IELTS).
- Two letters of recommendation from academic teachers.
- Standardized tests (such as the ACT and SAT), interviews, and artistic supplements are optional.
International56020 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 56020 USD per year during 48 months.
National56020 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 56020 USD per year during 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.