Classics from Sarah Lawrence College develops analytical reading and writing skills and imaginative abilities that are crucial to individual growth and essential for citizens in any functioning society.
Graduates with Classics from Sarah Lawrence College will:
- acquire the fundamentals of Greek (Ancient) or Latin in one year and begin reading authentic texts.
- refine their language skills while analyzing specific ancient authors, genres, or periods.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Art and Myth in Ancient Greece
- Intermediate Greek: The Perils of Passion: Ancient Greek Wisdom for Today’s Troubled Times
- Readings in Intermediate Greek: Herodotus and Thucydides
- Beginning Latin
- Mythology in Literature
- Shakespeare and the Semiotics of Performance
- The Perils of Passion: Ancient Greek Wisdom for Today’s Troubled Times
- Reading High Romantic Poetry (Blake to Keats)
- Studies in Ecocriticism: The Idea of Nature in the Western Tradition
- Epic Vision and Tradition
- Imagining War
- Theory for Reading
- The First Philosophers
- Nietzsche: The Philosophical Personality
- The Emergence of Christianity
- Poetry Workshop: Wearing a Mask: Persona Poems
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesGeneral Studies & Classics View 510 other Masters in General Studies & Classics in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Common Application
- School Report & Transcripts. Transcripts must be translated to English, and the original language document must also be provided.
- TOEFL/IELTS (for international applicants)
- Applicants for whom English is not the native language should take the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL). We also accept the International English Language Testing System (IELTS).
- Two letters of recommendation from academic teachers.
- Standardized tests (such as the ACT and SAT), interviews, and artistic supplements are optional.
International56020 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 56020 USD per year during 48 months.
National56020 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 56020 USD per year during 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.