At Art History from Sarah Lawrence College students interested in art theory, social art history, or material culture have considerable flexibility in designing a program of study and in choosing conference projects that link artistic, literary, historical, social, philosophical, and other interests.
Sarah Lawrence students have gone on to graduate programs in art history at Columbia, Johns Hopkins, Northwestern, Bard, Williams, Yale, University of Chicago, Oxford University, and University of London, among others. Many of their classmates have pursued museum and curatorial work at organizations such as the Guggenheim Museum, the Metropolitan Museum of Art, and the Art Institute of Chicago; others have entered the art business by working at auction houses such as Sotheby’s or by starting their own galleries; and still others have entered professions such as nonprofit arts management and advocacy, media production, and publishing.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Histories of Modern and Contemporary Art, 1860–1955
- Art and Society in the Lands of Islam
- Problems by Design: Theory and Practice in Architecture, 1960 to the Present.
- The Birth of Medieval Europe
- Art and Myth in Ancient Greece
- Art and Ecology
- A Talent for Every Noble Thing: Art, Architecture in Italy, 1300–1600
- The History of the Museum, Institutional Critique, and the Artist as Curator
- Art, Religion, and Identity: Christians Jews and Muslims in the Arts of Medieval Spain
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesArt History View 844 other Masters in Art History in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Common Application
- School Report & Transcripts. Transcripts must be translated to English, and the original language document must also be provided.
- TOEFL/IELTS (for international applicants)
- Applicants for whom English is not the native language should take the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL). We also accept the International English Language Testing System (IELTS).
- Two letters of recommendation from academic teachers.
- Standardized tests (such as the ACT and SAT), interviews, and artistic supplements are optional.
International56020 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 56020 USD per year during 48 months.
National56020 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 56020 USD per year during 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.