At Sociology from Sarah Lawrence College courses tend to emphasize the relationship between the qualitative and the quantitative, the relationship between theoretical and applied practice, and the complexities of social relations rather than relying on simplistic interpretations.
Graduates with Sociology from Sarah Lawrence College will:
- investigate the ways in which social structures and institutions affect individual experiences and shape competing definitions of social situations, issues, and identities.
- develop a multidimensional and nuanced understanding of social forces.
- enrich their theoretical and empirical work by linking it thematically with study in other disciplines—and through fieldwork.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Sociology of the Body
- Borders and Transnational Mobilities
- Veiled Lives: Women and Resistance in the Muslim World
- Contextualizing Communications: The Poetics of Seeing
- Disabilities and Society
- Cities and Urbanism in the Global South
- Health Policy/Health Activism
- Politics of/as Representation
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesSociology View 1354 other Masters in Sociology in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Common Application
- School Report & Transcripts. Transcripts must be translated to English, and the original language document must also be provided.
- TOEFL/IELTS (for international applicants)
- Applicants for whom English is not the native language should take the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL). We also accept the International English Language Testing System (IELTS).
- Two letters of recommendation from academic teachers.
- Standardized tests (such as the ACT and SAT), interviews, and artistic supplements are optional.
International56020 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 56020 USD per year during 48 months.
National56020 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 56020 USD per year during 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.