The Photography program offered by Minneapolis College of Art and Design is a systematic process that transforms you from an MCAD student into a creative professional.
To this end, you become well-versed in the history, contemporary practices, and cultural impact of the medium. You are provided with a full range of technical skills that will serve you in both the applied and fine art fields. You are encouraged and expected to explore your ideas from a personal perspective and with rigor.
Graduates with B.F.A. in Photography from Minneapolis College of Art and Design will be able to:
- Understand photographic history and theory, the relationship of photography to the visual disciplines, and the central position of photography in twenty-first-century visual culture.
- Demonstrate skills in the use of photographic tools, techniques, technologies, and processes sufficient to work from concept to finished work.
- Explain aesthetic and commercial applications of photographic techniques.
- Exhibit professional practices in terms of workflow and project management, including exhibition design, photobook production, and internet display.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Digital Photography Studio
- Photographic Systems
- Photographic Book
- Expanded Processes
- Scientific and Quantitative Reasoning
- Histories, Places, Philosophies
- Creative or Professional Writing
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesFilm, Photography & Media View 695 other Masters in Film, Photography & Media in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Application Form
- Official Transcripts
- Official Test Scores
- Letter of Recommendation
- Personal Statement
- Portfolio (optional for BS applicants)
- Proof of English proficiency
International41344 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 41344 USD per year during 48 months.
National41344 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 41344 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Minneapolis
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.