The Illustration program offered by Minneapolis College of Art and Design helps students to express ideas through powerful, innovative images that entertain, inform, and evoke emotion. Traditional media, digital knowledge, and conceptual thinking are the building blocks of the illustration experience at MCAD.
Graduates with B.F.A. in Illustration from Minneapolis College of Art and Design will be able to:
- Apply a strong design practice from research boards, thumbnail sketches, and refined sketches to final art.
- Use diverse materials and media and identify their unique possibilities.
- Interpret storytelling as well as the ability to formulate themes and concepts into pattern and surface design.
- Demonstrate an awareness of professional ethics and practices.
- Generate an original and individual voice presented in a portfolio, website, and gallery space.
- Create illustrations for a variety of audiences: surface design, editorial, advertising, book, corporate, and gallery exhibition.
- Solve creative problems for print and digital formats.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Tools of the Trade
- Concepts and Metaphors
- Digital Illustration
- Illustration Topics
- Illustrated Notebook
- Editorial Illustration
- Children's Book
- Illustration and Products
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesVisual Arts View 1968 other Masters in Visual Arts in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Application Form
- Official Transcripts
- Official Test Scores
- Letter of Recommendation
- Personal Statement
- Portfolio (optional for BS applicants)
- Proof of English proficiency
International41334 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 41334 USD per year during 48 months.
National41334 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 41334 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Minneapolis
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.