As an Entrepreneurial Studies major, you will:
- Combine your creative practice(s) with marketable skills like ideation, project management, writing, presenting, and creative leadership.
- Develop creative and critical skills to work independently and collaboratively.
- Experience working with external clients on local and global projects, gaining intercultural insights while developing a professional network and portfolio.
- Discover and apply the tools and methods to balance the needs of people, planet and profit, using systems thinking, design thinking, and human-centered design.
- Gain the skills and experience to start your own creative venture or work as a creative professional in the nonprofit or private sector.
The Entrepreneurial Studies program offered by Minneapolis College of Art and Design emphasizes a collaborative process and practice working on interdisciplinary teams with students from all MCAD majors.
Students work in professional collaboration with clients on real-world projects—locally, nationally, and globally—with the goal of creating outcomes that are implemented.
Graduates with B.F.A. in Entrepreneurial Studies from Minneapolis College of Art and Design will be able to:
- Demonstrate creative practice and describe creative process.
- Identify and apply business theories and practices to an art and design context.
- Employ design thinking and human-centered design in the creative development process.
- Manage projects within the scope of work, the time allowed and the resources allocated.
- Apply appropriate interactions with clients from diverse cultures and backgrounds.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The Future of Advertising
- Color Marketing and Forecasting
- ES Internship
- Fundamentals of Sustainable Design
- Systems Thinking
- Writing for the Voice
- Arts Entrepreneurship Essentials
- Financing Innovation
- Infographics: Visualizing Data
- Human Factors
- Client Studio
- Project Management
- Creating and Running a Business
- Economics for Artists and Designers
- Aesthetics of Sustainability
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies Entrepreneurship View 2279 other Bachelors in Area & Cultural Studies in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Application Form
- Official Transcripts
- Official Test Scores
- Letter of Recommendation
- Personal Statement
- Portfolio (optional for BS applicants)
- Proof of English proficiency
International41344 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 41344 USD per year during 48 months.
National41344 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 41344 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Minneapolis
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.