The Comic Art program offered by Minneapolis College of Art and Design stresses both traditional and digital craft while also focusing on professional development, the placement of comics and comic artists in the cultural world, and the rapidly changing self-publishing avenues in the field.
Graduates with B.F.A. in Comic Art from Minneapolis College of Art and Design will be able to:
- Generate a balanced knowledge in the humanities both in and out of the sequential art field, to use the potential of comics to disseminate a wide range of information, and to connect and communicate to a global audiences’ needs and viewpoints.
- Develop the structure and self-discipline to research a wide scope of historic and contemporary comic art genres and use it as inspiration to formulate work through originality and creative expression.
- Implement the use of sequential language and concepts, process work, draftsmanship, sequencing comic page and penciling, inking and finished illustrations, coloring, lettering, and traditional craft, contemporary craft, and digital formats to create and diverse body of work while discovering an individual artistic voice.
- Constructively evaluate, interpret, and critique your own work and the work of others.
- Exhibit knowledge of professional workflow, expectation, and market.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Comic Media and Concepts
- Experimental Comics
- Comic Book Publishing: Print and Web
- Comic Storytelling
- The Comic Scene
- Comic Character Development
- Comic Materials and Techniques
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesVisual Arts Liberal Arts View 980 other Masters in Liberal Arts in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Application Form
- Official Transcripts
- Official Test Scores
- Letter of Recommendation
- Personal Statement
- Portfolio (optional for BS applicants)
- Proof of English proficiency
International41344 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 41344 USD per year during 48 months.
National41344 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 41344 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Minneapolis
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.