All humanities students explore various expressions of Western Literature, Philosophy, music, and the fine arts within their original historical contexts, in relation to one another, and in relation to modern institutions and cultures.
The Bachelor in Humanities program from Lee University offers its students the opportunity to specialize in one of three concentrations:
- Classical Studies;
- Modern and Contemporary Studies;
The Classical Studies concentration will prepare students for careers in law, teaching, and curatorship, as well as for graduate study in classics, Ancient History, and Medieval Studies. The Foundation of the program is a sequence of courses offering introductory and intermediate level instruction in Latin.
The Emphasis in Modern and Contemporary Studies will allow students to focus on the relationship between literature, film, philosophy, popular Culture, and art in the contexts of the later Nineteenth, Twentieth, and twenty-first centuries. The concentration may serve students who wish to apply to graduate programs in Cultural Studies, Critical Theory, or in more traditional programs in Modern and Contemporary Literature
- The Rise of Europe
- Foundations of the Modern
- Modern Western Culture
- Humanities Methodology and Research
- Christianity and the Humanities
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies History Modern History View 671 other Bachelors in Modern History in United States
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- A Lee University admissions application.
- An official high school transcript mailed directly from the high school. Students must obtain a 2.0 GPA (on a 4.0 scale).
- An official test score report from ACT or College Board (SAT).
- An application fee of $25 (non-refundable, non-transferable).
- Any applicant born after January 1, 1957, must provide documented proof of receiving two MMR (measles, mumps, rubella) vaccinations after 12 months of age (collected after acceptance).
- A Residential Life application and housing deposit of $200 are required before a student will be assigned on-campus housing; however, they are not required for general admission to the university.
International21000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21000 USD per year during 48 months.
National21000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21000 USD per year during 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.