The Department of Language and Literature has the primary mission of preparing students for vocations and graduate study in disciplines which emphasize the verbal arts. It offers majors in English, French, Spanish and Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL).
It also prepares students who wish to obtain a broad liberal arts undergraduate background before beginning specialized training for such professions as law and theology or simply as a means to an in-depth understanding of the function of human beings in the world. Lee University believes strongly in a Christian worldview and insists that such a view has practical implications for both content and pedagogy. All facts, concepts and understandings relevant to each field are presented from the perspective of the Christian view of a divinely created and ordered world under the lordship of Jesus Christ.
The students enrolled in a Bachelor in French - 6-12 Teacher Licensure must complete a minimum of 12 credit hours of Study in France (SIF) designated courses in a French speaking country.
- Intermediate French
- The Francophone World
- French Conversation
- French Writing
- Semester in France/Special Topics
- Educational Psychology
- Student Teaching
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesLanguage Studies Languages Teaching View 3180 other Bachelors in Language Studies in United States
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- A Lee University admissions application.
- An official high school transcript mailed directly from the high school. Students must obtain a 2.0 GPA (on a 4.0 scale).
- An official test score report from ACT or College Board (SAT).
- An application fee of $25 (non-refundable, non-transferable).
- Any applicant born after January 1, 1957, must provide documented proof of receiving two MMR (measles, mumps, rubella) vaccinations after 12 months of age (collected after acceptance).
- A Residential Life application and housing deposit of $200 are required before a student will be assigned on-campus housing; however, they are not required for general admission to the university.
International21000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21000 USD per year during 48 months.
National21000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21000 USD per year during 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.