The music industry degree at Houghton College will prepare you for careers in many areas of the commercial music industry, including but not limited to music technology and production; music business, worship arts, music industry, recording and broadcast engineering; artist and label marketing; artist booking and management; staff songwriting, music publishing, tour management, live sound engineering, tour support, concert promotion, film and video game composition; and performance law.
Our hands-on approach, coupled with extensive classroom training, internships and professional mentorships, will prepare you to meet the challenges within the music industry, worship arts and entertainment job markets.
Why Major in Music Industry at Houghton College ?
- Experience hands-on instruction starting the first day of classes with the same tools the professionals use.
- Pursue the business, marketing and artist management side of the entertainment industry.
- Study with faculty who excel in their fields, care about their students and teach with integrity.
- Make lifelong friends, and travel internationally with one of our acclaimed ensembles—orchestra, band, choir, jazz and chamber.
- Explore the stage through opera and musical theatre.
- Realize your potential as a recording artist, and earn Pro Tools certification in our top-notch recording studios.
- Practice and perform in our state-of-the-art facilities, and then share your gifts with the community, the church and the world.
- Qualify for up to $50,000 in available scholarships.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Music Fundamentals
- Music & Christian Perspective
- Music Theory
- Music & Listening: An Intro
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMusic View 2096 other Masters in Music in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A completed application for admission (apply online or print the application)
- An official high school transcript (If you are a international transfer student, you are also required to submit all college transcripts)
- A completed recommendation letter
- A completed financial affidavit
- A $40.00 non-refundable application fee (ask your counselor about getting this fee waived!)
- Test Scores
International33920 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 33920 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
National33920 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 33920 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.