A data science major gives you the diverse background and critical thinking skills to make sense of the data-driven world and be a creative problem solver. Use it to improve the education process, understand and prevent athletic injuries, improve and tailor medicine to individual patient needs, impact the humanitarian/nonprofit/government sectors, and more.
Coursework combines computer science, statistics and a choice of application areas (e.g., business, biology, chemistry, mathematics, communication, psychology, political science), including an internship.
Why Major in Data Science at Houghton College?
- Hands-on experience through internships, locally and in urban centers: Allegany County Chamber of Commerce, Facebook, GolfWeek Amateur Golf Tour’s National Championships, Google, Microsoft, Yahoo Labs, and more.
- Houghton’s Center for Data Science Analytics offers a student-led consulting program that draws on multidisciplinary collaboration, providing students with experiential learning opportunities and networking while offering alumni and industry leaders the data analysis and solutions they need to serve our region and the world.
- Salaries for data scientists range from $52,000 to $250,000 for top-level management positions.
- By 2018, the McKinsey Global Institute estimates a shortage of 1.5 million data-literate managers, meaning plenty of job opportunities for graduates.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Data Science
- Data Structures & Algorithms
- Introduction to Web Communication
- Graphic Design
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesData Science & Big Data View 146 other Masters in Data Science & Big Data in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A completed application for admission (apply online or print the application)
- An official high school transcript (If you are a international transfer student, you are also required to submit all college transcripts)
- A completed recommendation letter
- A completed financial affidavit
- A $40.00 non-refundable application fee (ask your counselor about getting this fee waived!)
- Test Scores
International33920 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 33920 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
National33920 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 33920 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.