Houghton’s communication major is one of the fastest growing programs at the college, and with good reason. In a fast-paced, media-saturated society awash with information, the ability to create and present clear and concise messages has never been more important.
Communication at Houghton is an interdisciplinary program that will help you become a competent communicator. The major is built around a core set of classes that will provide you with both the theoretical understanding and the applied skills you will need whatever your career—getting along with others in relationship, working in problem-solving groups, making effective presentations and understanding the role of media in our society.
Graduates leave Houghton with the ability to analyze messages in both personal and public contexts, recognize and choose from among the various communication strategies available, and use language and images to create messages that are sensitive to the audience and that help to solve real-world problems.
Why Major in Communication at Houghton College?
- Receive personal attention from faculty in small lab-media classes featuring Adobe Creative Cloud-based instruction.
- Gain real-world experience through our solid internship program and other off-campus opportunities.
- Develop your most compelling visual communication ideas with the best tools available in our state-of-the-art Macintosh Media Arts Lab.
- Explore your gifts in a wide range of areas by employing the strong connections we have with other academic departments.
- Dive deeper into your interests with opportunities for faculty/student collaboration on independent projects.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Introduction to Comm Theory
- Interpersonal Communication
- Seminar in Public Communication
- Foundations of Digital Comm
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesCommunication Sciences View 1059 other Masters in Communication Sciences in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A completed application for admission (apply online or print the application)
- An official high school transcript (If you are a international transfer student, you are also required to submit all college transcripts)
- A completed recommendation letter
- A completed financial affidavit
- A $40.00 non-refundable application fee (ask your counselor about getting this fee waived!)
- Test Scores
International33920 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 33920 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
National33920 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 33920 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.