Studying business at Houghton provides a student with a top-quality education rooted in ethics, leadership and responsibility. The program includes a mix of classroom and real-world/hands-on experience. Business majors receive a broad foundation in management principles and can choose to focus their work in management, marketing, finance, economics, international business or international economics.
Because the business program emphasizes the liberal arts, students develop the ability to communicate effectively and think critically - both crucial skills in the business world. Due to the constantly changing nature of the business, accounting and economic environment, students learn more than the professional skills of the discipline.
The skills of working in teams and leading others are combined with learning about service and responsibility. By examining every aspect of our conduct through the eyes of Christian faith, the highest emphasis is placed on service to Christ and to each other. Students also learn the importance of Christians conducting all affairs, whether personal or professional, according to the highest ethical standards regardless of what others might accept.
Why Major in Business Administration at Houghton College?
- Pursue graduate-level education immediately after graduation in our 4+1 accelerated MBA program.
- Get real-world, hands-on experience in the field with our many student-run business opportunities.
- Study with faculty members who have years of professional business experience in a variety of fields, including (but not limited to) broadcasting, manufacturing, healthcare, retail, nonprofits, banking, public relations, higher education and human resource management.
- Receive excellent preparation to take the major field test in business, an assessment of seniors from colleges across the country who are studying business. The major field test is administered at 489 colleges and universities to 31,000 college seniors majoring in business. Houghton seniors as a class have consistently scored in the top 5 percent in the United States.
- Join the 100 percent of Houghton business majors who are employed or in graduate school one year after graduation
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Spreadsheet Competency
- Principles of Macroeconomics
- Principles of Microeconomics
- Marketing Principles
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBusiness Administration View 1890 other Masters in Business Administration in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A completed application for admission (apply online or print the application)
- An official high school transcript (If you are a international transfer student, you are also required to submit all college transcripts)
- A completed recommendation letter
- A completed financial affidavit
- A $40.00 non-refundable application fee (ask your counselor about getting this fee waived!)
- Test Scores
International33920 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 33920 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
National33920 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 33920 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.