At Houghton College, experienced Christian faculty members (all active scholars with PhDs) in the chemistry department prepare and equip students interested in biochemistry, molecular biology, organic chemistry, physical chemistry and analytical chemistry to define and answer significant questions about our world.
A major in biochemistry enables a student to learn, in a context of faith, the normal or abnormal paths that one's body may take and to understand the ways in which nutrition and pharmaceuticals can best prevent or correct damage to one's body. Because the biochemistry major at Houghton College contains a significant liberal arts component as well as its science component, the student may choose, upon graduation, to receive either the Bachelor of Arts or the Bachelor of Science degree in biochemistry.
Why Major in Biochemistry at Houghton College?
- Receive hands-on training and direct access to instrumentation.
- Conduct, publish and present real research with one (or more) of Houghton’s faculty members.
- Be mentored, supported and cared for by invested faculty members who care about your academic success as well as your spiritual, emotional, and professional growth.
- Enjoy specialized instruction tailored to your interests within a friendly, collaborative environment.
- Experience excellent preparation for medical or graduate school (100 percent acceptance rate).
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Gen. Biology: Cellular Biology and Genetics
- General Chemistry
- Organic Chemistry
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesChemistry Biology Biochemistry View 1651 other Masters in Biochemistry in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A completed application for admission (apply online or print the application)
- An official high school transcript (If you are a international transfer student, you are also required to submit all college transcripts)
- A completed recommendation letter
- A completed financial affidavit
- A $40.00 non-refundable application fee (ask your counselor about getting this fee waived!)
- Test Scores
International33920 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 33920 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
National33920 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 33920 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.