The study of English within the unique, career-driven context of the College prepares students for occupations in which clear thinking, thoughtful analysis, and finely honed communication skills are paramount.
Graduates seek positions as writers, editors, and communication specialists in fields ranging from new media to marketing. In addition, the degree provides a solid pre-professional foundation for students preparing for careers in education and law.
Upon successful completion of the English, Literary Studies program at Goldey-Beacom College, students will:
- demonstrate a broad understanding of the study of literature, including
knowledge of literary genre attributes and conventions.
knowledge of trends and differences in a variety of literary traditions.
knowledge of core theoretical literary approaches and an ability to apply them.
- demonstrate competence in writing and communication, including
competence in writing and communication skills for particular purposes, audiences, and media.
competence in visual communication using specific visual communication technology.
- demonstrate an ability to conduct research relevant to the field of English and communication.
- obtain employment in a communication-related field or enter a graduate program of study.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Finite Mathematics
- Survey of British Literature
- Approaches to Literature
- Creative Writing
- Presentation Design
- Survey of American Literature
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesLanguage Studies Languages Literature View 1478 other Bachelors in Literature in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A completed online application
- An official high school transcript, home school completion certificate, or Graduate Equivalency Diploma (GED) and any college transcripts
- Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT) or ACT results
International25500 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 850 USD per credit during 48 months.
National25500 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 850 USD per credit during 48 months.
In-State12750 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 425 USD per credit during 48 months.
Living costs for Wilmington
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.