Franklin University’s Sport Management curriculum unites sport science research and theory with the practical knowledge of expert coaches in order to enhance your understanding of coaching concepts and techniques so that you can achieve results when working with athletes. You’ll get a comprehensive introduction to the coaching profession at various levels including high school, club, youth, recreational and intercollegiate college programs.
In addition to the focus on athlete performance, you’ll also learn what it takes to establish a sport club organization. You’ll learn to develop, manage, and sustain a highly organized club by creating a business plan and a mini-grant proposal.
You’ll also examine the leadership role in management and responsibility of leaders in sports. In addition to analyzing various leadership styles and techniques, you’ll also get insight into the unique challenges associated with leading people in sports.
- Franchise Manager
Franchise managers are responsible for planning a team’s budget, working with coaches and athletes to ensure the availability of necessary training and hiring and firing athletes.
- Athletic Director
Athletic directors work at schools and universities to oversee coaches and staff members associated with athletic programming.
- Sport Operations Manager
Sport operations managers support the competitive experience by conducting and overseeing financial and budgetary operations for an organization or facility.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Business & Professional Writing
- Foundations/Principles/History Sport
- Sport and Society
- Psychology of Coaching Sports
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesSports Management View 19 other Masters in Sports Management in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Submit your online application using an email address that you check regularly. After you’ve applied, you’ll receive login information by email so you can track your application’s progress.
- Apply for admission to Franklin University any time. Because our admission process for international students includes several steps to ensure a successful start, we encourage you to apply as early as possible -- at least 8 weeks before your program’s start date.
- Request your official transcripts from post-secondary institutions located in the U.S. and have them submitted directly to Franklin University’s Office of Transfer and Articulation.
International526 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 526 USD per credit and a duration of 48 months.
National398 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 398 USD per credit and a duration of 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.