The benefits of a healthy lifestyle extend beyond physical and mental well-being and impact nearly every aspect of our lives. Consequently, the health and fitness industry generates more than $80 billion worldwide every year.
You’ll learn to evaluate fitness levels, design results-oriented exercise programs and apply coaching methodologies to help your clients reach their full potential.
Franklin University’s B.S. Exercise Science is aligned with ACSM guidelines for exercise testing, as well as prescription. You’ll explore health screening, exercise risk assessment, methods of exercise testing and prescription. You’ll get opportunities to interact with tools like the Just Jump system that measures lower-body power and reaction time, ergometers to identify anaerobic aerobic fitness levels, as well as a variety of tools to measure lung capacity and cardio fitness levels. You’ll become proficient in using fitness testing to assess individuals’ exercise tolerance, determine fitness level and prescribe appropriate exercise.
- Personal Trainer
Personal trainers work 1:1 in to develop exercise and fitness programs to help individuals reach their personal health can fitness goals.
- Exercise Physiologist
Exercise physiologists evaluate patients’ current fitness levels and create programs to aid in improvement or maintenance.
- Sports Administrator
Sports administrators manage and promote sport clubs, programs and facilities for K-12 schools and community organizations, as well as at the college and professional level.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Designing Exercise Programs
- Foundations/Principles/History Sport
- Sport and Society
- Psychology of Coaching Sports
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesSports Sciences View 18 other Masters in Sports Sciences in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Submit your online application using an email address that you check regularly. After you’ve applied, you’ll receive login information by email so you can track your application’s progress.
- Apply for admission to Franklin University any time. Because our admission process for international students includes several steps to ensure a successful start, we encourage you to apply as early as possible -- at least 8 weeks before your program’s start date.
- Request your official transcripts from post-secondary institutions located in the U.S. and have them submitted directly to Franklin University’s Office of Transfer and Articulation.
International526 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 526 USD per credit and a duration of 48 months.
National398 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 398 USD per credit and a duration of 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.