Franklin University’s Cybersecurity degree program prepares you for a red-hot career in business, industry or government, protecting valuable data (and the bottom line) from security threats and hackers. So in-demand are cyber security professionals, that a 2015 report from Burning Glass reported that cybersecurity workers command 9 percent more in salary than other IT professionals.Perhaps that's why cybersecurity jobs are projected to grow by 18 percent, which is much faster than average between 2015 and 2025.*
Because it is a specialized field of industry, Franklin University offers a major in cybersecurity — rather than a component of another related program.
Courses in this curriculum include risk management and compliance; security architecture and controls; business continuity and operations; and network and application security. At Franklin, you’ll learn about the typical development mistakes that lead to application-level security issues, including CSRF, XSS, cryptography, configuration errors, authentication, and authorization, as well as how to defend against them.
- Application Security Tester
Application Security Testers perform assessments, source code reviews and security tests to identify, understand, thwart, and remedy web application threats, vulnerabilities, and attacks.
- Computer Security Specialist
Computer Security Specialists plan, implement, monitor, and upgrade control measures and solutions to protect computer networks and computer-based information from unauthorized use, breach, and/or disaster.
- Cybersecurity Analyst
Cybersecurity Analysts prevent, monitor, and respond to data breaches, protecting information against hackers.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Information Assurance
- Security Risk Management
- Cyber Security Capstone
- Windows Administration
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesIT Security Cyber Security View 29 other Masters in IT Security in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Submit your online application using an email address that you check regularly. After you’ve applied, you’ll receive login information by email so you can track your application’s progress.
- Apply for admission to Franklin University any time. Because our admission process for international students includes several steps to ensure a successful start, we encourage you to apply as early as possible -- at least 8 weeks before your program’s start date.
- Request your official transcripts from post-secondary institutions located in the U.S. and have them submitted directly to Franklin University’s Office of Transfer and Articulation.
International526 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 526 USD per credit and a duration of 48 months.
National398 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 398 USD per credit and a duration of 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.