The Psychology major teaches students to employ empirical methods to learn about behavior and the variables that affect it, in preparation for graduate programs, professional and medical schools, and/or careers in psychology or related fields.
Students have the option to complete an emphasis in Human Resource Management and Neuroscience. Additionally, the Child Development and Education major is offered by the Department of Psychology in cooperation with the Department of Education. Students majoring in Child Development and Education may seek teacher certification in Early Childhood (PreK-4) or Upper Elementary (4-8).
The Psychology major is associated with the Department of Psychology. A major requires eight courses, including an advanced laboratory, and a minor requires six.
This degree program in Psychology is offered by the Washington and Jefferson College.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Coursework includes, but is not limited to, Experimental, Social and Abnormal Psychology; Physiological Psychology; Sensation and Perception; Drugs and Behavior; and numerous laboratory research courses.
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPsychology View 1548 other Bachelors in Psychology in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Common Application: If you apply online we will waive your application fee of $25.
- School Documents
- Counselor Recommendation
- Teacher Recommendation
- Mid-Year Report: This form should only be completed if you are still enrolled in secondary school and if your school will have additional grades to report in March.
- Final School Report
- TOEFL or IELTS Scores: Students who speak English as a second language (non-native speakers) are required to submit an official score report for the TOEFL or IELTS by the admission deadline.
- SAT or ACT Scores: Submission of these tests is optional.
- Certification of Finances: Please have your parents complete this Certification of Finances (PDF) and/or submit supporting documentation.
International48758 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 48758 USD per year during 48 months.
National48758 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 48758 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Washington
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.