The Political Science major prepares students for successful careers in political science-related fields, including academia, government, law, or international affairs. Students also master a specific core of discipline-based knowledge and an understanding of their civic responsibilities in a global community.
The department provides faculty mentoring, not only through academic advising but also through career counseling and exposing our students to practical political experience.
The Political Science major is associated with the Department of Political Science. A major requires 10 courses and one capstone experience in the form of a directed independent study, a field experience, or a 400-level seminar.
This degree program in Political Science is offered by the Washington and Jefferson College.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Courses range from Principles of Government; Public Policy; and The Legislative Process to Politics of Foreign Countries; Women and Politics; and Environmental Policy.
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPolitical Science View 1267 other Bachelors in Political Science in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Common Application: If you apply online we will waive your application fee of $25.
- School Documents
- Counselor Recommendation
- Teacher Recommendation
- Mid-Year Report: This form should only be completed if you are still enrolled in secondary school and if your school will have additional grades to report in March.
- Final School Report
- TOEFL or IELTS Scores: Students who speak English as a second language (non-native speakers) are required to submit an official score report for the TOEFL or IELTS by the admission deadline.
- SAT or ACT Scores: Submission of these tests is optional.
- Certification of Finances: Please have your parents complete this Certification of Finances (PDF) and/or submit supporting documentation.
International48758 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 48758 USD per year during 48 months.
National48758 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 48758 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Washington
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.